The best heat pumps in 2019 are single-stage, two-stage and variable (modulating) capacity models, allowing you to choose from the performance of the major brands.
These units are on our list because they have demonstrably less mechanical damage than most heat pumps. They are durable and have high efficiency and productivity.
If you are looking for the most efficient heat pumps in 2019, we have prepared a comprehensive manual for you.
2019 Best heat pumps
- Bryant 285B Heat pump
- Heat pump Ruud RP15
- Maytag PSH1BE Heat pump
- Goodman GSZ16heat pump
- Trans XL16i Heat pump
- Heat pump Lennox XP21
- Day and night CCH6 Heat pump
- Daikin DZ18TC
- Support of the 25VNAO Infinity 20 heat pump
- Trane VXheat pump
Best single-stage heat pumps 2019
These are the simplest and most affordable devices. And they are cheaper to repair if necessary.
Single-stage heat pumps operate at full capacity when switched on, so they can cause slight temperature fluctuations. It is good and bad if you have a one- or two-stage or modulating heat pump.
Note on performance evaluation: SEER and EER are cooling capacities. The HSPF is a heating capacity. The higher the number, the less energy the device consumes (it is more efficient).
Bryant 285B Heat pump
It’s Bryant’s best one-stage heat pump. It is available in an identical version of Carrier if you have a trusted Carrier installer to install your next air conditioner.
The Bryant 285B is 68 decibels quieter than most single stage models. It’s also Wi-Fi compatible, so you can use the Bryant application, your smart device and the Bryant Evolution Connex Thermostat to complement your system when you need a remote connection.
- Effectiveness: Up to 16 SEER, 13 EEA and 8.5 HSPF. Energy Star score.
- Characteristics: Wi-Fi remote access, silent 68 decibel operation, single-phase heating and cooling, dual fuel – this means the device can be installed in a split system with a gas heater. The dual fuel system is used in very cold climates, where temperatures well below freezing make the heat pump inefficient. The system is heated at the same time as the gas oven until the temperature has risen.
- Warranty: 10 years for everyone.
- Plus Affordable, Energy Star, dual fuel and very durable. Repairs are less frequent and less expensive.
- Whereas One-step operation may cause slight fluctuations in temperature.
- Amount of expenditure: $
- Most suitable for: The climate is mild and warm.
Heat pump Ruud RP15
Ruud and Rheem are brands of Pomona Industries and their range of heat pumps is identical. This heat pump is called the Ruud-Achiever heat pump of the RP15 series.
Although these brands do not have the same marketing budget as Trane, Carrier and Lennox, their products are almost or of course just as good.
- Effectiveness: 16 SEER, 13 EEA, 9.0 HSPF – Energy Star
- Characteristics: Single-stage Copeland compressor, a composite plate that reduces vibration noise. Locking plates for better protection of the coils.
- Warranty: 10-year warranty on all parts, industry average.
- Plus Low cost and good quality.
- Whereas Single-stage heating and cooling do not provide the same level of dehumidification and comfort in a room.
- Amount of expenditure: $
- Best suited: The climate is mild and warm. This scheme is also popular in part-time workshops such as guest houses, workshops and holiday homes.
Maytag MSH1BE M120 Heat pump
The unit has a microchannel coil that dissipates heat faster in summer and recovers it in winter. This means that the unit works faster than heat pumps with standard coils.
Microchannel coils from Johnson Controls (York, Coleman and Luxaire) have had leakage problems, but Nortek Global coils are well designed. The reliability of this Maytag heat pump is very good.
The MSH1BE heat pump is available in identical models from Broan, Nu-Tone and other Nortek Global brands, until recently known as NORDYNE.
- Effectiveness: Up to 15 SEER, 12.5 EEA and 8.5 HSPF, with Energy Star.
- Characteristics: Aluminium heat exchanger for increased corrosion resistance, heating/cooling in one step.
- Warranty: 12 year warranty on parts that are on average more than 10 years old. Maytag heat pumps have a one-year warranty to replace the heat pump if the compressor fails within the first year. This is mainly a marketing joke, because compressors rarely break down in the first ten years.
- Plus Accessibility, reliability and good warranty.
- Whereas This is a one-step model so that temperature fluctuations can be detected.
- Ausgaben level: $-$-$$-$$$$-$$$$-$$ Ausgaben level:Ausgaben level: $-$$$-$$$-$$$ Ausgaben level:Ausgaben level: $-$-$$$-$$$$$-$$$$$-$$$$$-$$$$$-$$$$$-$$$$$-$$$$-$$$$$$-$$$$$$-$$$$$-$$$$$$$$
- Best suited: Temperate and cool climate and wherever the heat pump is used for periodic heating and/or cooling.
Goodman GSZ16heat pump
Some consumers fear Goodman HVAC products because of their (cheap) availability. But there are two things you should consider before rejecting Goodman.
First Goodman was acquired in 2012 by Daikin, the world leader in heating, ventilation and air conditioning, and since then the entire range has been filled with quality.
Secondly, this Goodman heat pump is Energy Star certified and offers a better guarantee than a comparable heat pump from Lennox.
The Goodman GSZ16 heat pump is reliable and sufficiently efficient.
- Effectiveness: Up to 16 SEER, 13.0 EEA and 9.0 HSPF, Energy Star.
- Features: Heating and cooling in one step, low costs,
- Warranty: 10 years on all parts.
- For: Low cost and reliability.
- Whereas Single-phase compressors do not provide optimum room air conditioning.
- Expenditure rate:
- Best suited: A warm climate, where cooling is more important than heating, and a mild climate that does not need powerful heating or air conditioning.
Best two-stage heat pumps 2019
These units cost between $400 and $1,000 more than single-stage models, depending on the brand, series and size of the heat pump.
What you get for the money is efficiency, which is 10 to 15% better, and climate control, which is improved in two ways: More balanced temperatures with an increased degree of dehydration. Since in most cases the units operate at a low level (about 65% of the power), they are also quieter.
Trans XL18i Heat pump
Trane is one of the best known brands, partly due to the enormous marketing budget. But the devices are also among the best in terms of reliability. With their sister brand American Standard they are below average.
The Trane XL18i was launched almost ten years ago, so there is good reason to believe that it is a reliable heat pump. As with any two-stage machine, you get the best results by combining it with a variable speed pneumatic boom.
- Efficiency: Up to 18 SEER, 13.5 EEA, 9.5 HSPF, Energy Star
- Features: 2-stage compressor, slat sides protect the coil better than wire separators, rear slat coils for fast heat dissipation.
- Warranty: 12 years on all fronts
- Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah: Good efficiency and comfort
- Delays: Higher costs
- Cost Level: $$$$$$
- It’s for the best: Warm and warm climate with medium and high humidity.
Heat pump Lennox XP21
It is the most efficient two-stage heat pump on the market and demonstrates Lennox’ success in producing units with the highest energy efficiency on the market.
It is one of the few two-stage models on the Energy Star 2019 list of the most efficient heat pumps.
- Effectiveness: Up to 19.2 SEER, 14.0 EEA and 9.2 HSPF, Energy Star
- Characteristics: Two-stage compressor, intelligent defrosting system, blinds, works with a Lennox Wi-Fi thermostat and an intelligent system.
- Warranty: 10 years on all fronts
- Plus Excellent efficiency, good climate control.
- Whereas is much more expensive than some two-storey models. In addition, Lennox parts are sometimes more expensive than standard parts.
- Ausgabenebene: $$$$-$$$-$$$-$$$.
- Best suited: Very warm and humid climate.
Day and night CCH6 Heat pump
This two-stage heat pump is very valuable day and night. It uses many of the same components as Carrier’s high-end heat pumps.
These two brands, as well as Bryant, Heil and others, are owned or created by United Technologies Corporation (UTX).
Day and night is a price tag, often at a much lower price than Carrier and Bryant, it’s actually the same equipment.
- Effectiveness: Up to 17.5 SEER, 13.5 EEA and 9.5 HSPF, Energy Star
- Characteristics: Two floors with heating and air conditioning, wifi, which can run on two fuels.
- Warranty: 10 years for all parts, plus 10 years replacement warranty. If the coil or compressor fails within the first decade, the entire unit is replaced.
- Plus Good efficiency and indoor comfort. Excellent warranty and value.
- Whereas Very few adverse reactions to this apparatus.
- Cost of Stufe : $$$$$$$$$
- Best suited: Hot to hot climate. It can also withstand moisture. Because it can run on two fuels, it can be installed as part of a split system with a gas or oil boiler.
In 2012, Daikin purchased Global Goodman/Amana to enter the US HVAC&R housing market. Originally, Daikin simply referred to Goodman’s products.
Since then, Daikin has improved the quality and reliability of its product range, including heat pumps.
It is on the list of Energy Star 2019 as the most efficient. The heating efficiency is better than that of the Lennox XP21.
It is a reliable unit that should work for 15 to 20 years if maintained.
- Effectiveness: Up to 19 SEER, 14 EEA and 10 HSPF, Energy Star
- Features: 2-stage heating and air conditioning, high performance Copeland compressor and diagnostics, wi-fi capability.
- Warranty: 12 years on all parts.
- Plus Excellent efficiency, air conditioning and quality. That’s a good guarantee.
- Whereas Quality and efficiency are associated with higher costs.
- Ausgabenebene: $$$$-$$$-$$$-$$$.
- Best suited: Warm and warm climate with moderate and high humidity.
Best variable capacity heat pumps 2019
Variable capacity, or modulation, means that the compressor can operate at any speed or capacity from 40% to 100%.
They are designed to operate at the lowest power required to meet the demand for a thermostat for heating or cooling. This allows maximum efficiency and humidity control and is quieter than a device that operates 70 or 100% of the time.
These two heat pumps with variable capacity are different from the rest.
Support of the 25VNAO Infinity 20 heat pump
About ten years ago the Carrier Infinity 20 launched the 25VNAO with Greenspeed Intelligence. It was one of the first and turned out to be a reliable heat pump.
- Effectiveness: Up to 20.5 SEER, 16 EEA and 13 HSPF, Energy Star
- Characteristics: Variable speed compressor, compressor sound cover and silencer for noise level up to 58 dB, double fuel capacity.
- Warranty: 10 years on all parts.
- Plus Best in class in terms of efficiency and microclimate control. Silent operation.
- Whereas High cost for a heat pump and compressor if replaced.
- Ausgabenrate: $$$$$$$$$$$$$.
- Best suited: Warm climate, in which the air conditioner is used from spring to autumn, especially when the humidity is high. Can also be used in cold climates when installed in a gas heating system.
Trans VX18 Heat pump
The Trane VX18 is a new generation heat pump with variable speed control over the Carrier 25VNAO. In other words, he has no experience with the reliability of the Carrier model, but in five years time he has become a sound engineer.
The compressor modulates in steps of approximately 1/10 of 1%, so that the climate control is as accurate as possible. This device is also available in the United States, as both brands are owned or developed by Ingersoll-Rand.
- Efficiency: Up to 18 SEER, 13.5 EEA and 10.0 HSPF
- Properties : Variable compressor, thermostat ratio,
- Warranty: 12 years on the compressor. 10 years for all other parts.
- Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah: Excellent efficiency and climate control. Trane has one of the best reliability ratings in the industry.
- Delays: Equipment and repairs are more expensive for a variable speed unit than for one or two stage models.
- Cost Level: $$$$$$$$$
- It’s for the best: Warm and warm climate with a high demand for air conditioning.
Selection of the central heat pump
Start with the climate. The warmer and wetter the climate, the higher the efficiency must be to balance initial and continuous energy costs.
If you live in both summer and winter climates, one of the two fuel models combined with a gas heater offers you the lowest annual heating and cooling costs.
In these climatic conditions, the heat pump heats up to above freezing point. Below freezing point, the heat pump becomes less efficient, so that the gas heater starts heating until the temperature rises.
Finally, you get points for the heat pump and the installation. Choose a contractor who is known for his reliability and competence.
If you don’t want some of the leading installers in your area to have any obligations, use our free evaluation partner. You don’t have to pay. Contractors providing services are pre-qualified in terms of experience and quality of work.
Do you need a system consultation or a free quote?
We have HVAC lawyers ready to help you!
goodman heat pump reviews,heat pump reviews 2018
Disclosure: We are a professional review company & our reviews are not biased towards any of the products we review. We test each product thoroughly and give marks to only the very best that is given by our author. We are very independently owned & the opinions expressed here are our own. However, if you purchase anything after clicking the links present in the articles then we get some commissions for it which help maintaining the websites expenses like servers, security etc.